Are You Our New Business Development Manager Intern
Novicell is looking for a Business Development Manager Intern
We have an excellent opportunity for a budding salesperson at the start of their career. As Business Development Manager Intern, you will help build on the success of our continued growth within the software development and digital marketing sectors. Previous experience in a similar role would be beneficial but is not a necessity.
A part of the team
Novicell is a full-service Digital Agency. We are about 30 good people in our London office, and you will also have over 300 great colleagues across 8 offices in 5 countries. Our offices are in London, Barcelona, Madrid, Amsterdam, Aarhus (Denmark), Copenhagen, and Oslo.
We have more than 20 years' experience helping people do business online. From digital strategy, website design and user experience, to web development, digital marketing and business intelligence, our services cover the full online commercial lifecycle.
The position is an internship, which means that it must be a part of your studies. The period is, ideally starting in January 2021. The successful candidate will receive good, hands-on training in sales techniques, and mentorship from our experienced sales team.
KPIs defined at the start, and adjusted during the internship will be the basis on our decision of whether to take you on as a full-time Business Development Consultant at the end of your time with us.
Depending on COVID-19 restrictions, we would expect the successful candidate to work from our offices in Liverpool Street, London, EC2M.
Your day-to-day tasks
- Generate new business opportunities (outbound leads) with the guidance of the CCO and the business development team.
- Assist the business development management team build a strong pipeline of relevant opportunities to deliver against sales targets to ensure the team meets their KPI’s
- Develop in-depth knowledge of our software development and digital marketing services by working closely with our in-house teams
- Work with our internal marketing team to improve lead generation.
- Shadow colleagues at events and trade show to network and create leads
- Develop a knowledge of how to manage client accounts
- Deliver excellent customer service and proactively look for fresh ways to improve the customer relationship.
In return, you'll get a deeper understanding of...
- Sales and negotiation situations
- Outbound sales techniques
- Inbound and CRM management
- Novicell’s software and digital marketing product portfolio
- Client account management
- Software development process
- You really want to get to know this industry
- You want to develop yourself as a sales professional
- You can effectively prioritise & manage your own time
- You can meet deadlines
- You have good IT skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- You are self-motivated and energetic
- You are a good communicator
- You are persistent and have a can-do attitude.
- You are trustworthy and can easily build trust relationships with others.
- You are a good listener, and able to talk to people at different levels of seniority
Most importantly, you are diligent, but not to the extent that you are a workaholic; nice, but not so nice that you let things slip. At Novicell we are both; internally and externally. This means we treat each other properly and provide a high level of service to our customers.
It must be fun to go to work. Not just for you, but for everyone.
- Our office is in a WeWork office, which comes with several free benefits including barista coffee, fruit and beverages on tap,
- We regularly conduct a variety of professional and social activities
- Office company lunches every two weeks
We will conduct the application process remotely. After your initial submission, we’ll have an initial call with the candidates we are interested in taking to the next stage.
From there, the next step will take the format of a short presentation. We will brief you beforehand on what we would like you to present and how (relevant to the job, of course).
The final stage will be a de-brief (all applicants) and a final Q&A session for those who are through to the final round.
Contact me and I will be happy to help
Novicell - Flink & Flittig
Novicell started in Denmark, and we have kept some of the best ideals from the Danish culture. In Denmark, "Flink & Flittig" means to be kind and diligent. We are kind and considerate. We treat each other properly and provide a high level of service to our customers. It should always be fun to go to work, and we regularly conduct a variety of professional and social activities.
You will experience:
- An unpretentious organisation with significant personal degrees of freedom
- A creative and inspiring environment with the ability to influence the company's development
- The possibility to work away at our offices in Spain and Denmark
- The opportunity to participate in fun recreational activities
- An active social community
Every year, we gather for a summer BBQ in one of London's many parks, and during the winter we celebrate the good year with a big winter party!
You are never bored
There are always colleagues up for after-hours activities such as sports activities, FIFA, or board games
You have the opportunity to work away in one of our seven offices in Spain, Norway and Denmark
Every week, we catch up on the weekend over some free breakfast, and we enjoy lunch together every other week. The rest of the time, we enjoy fresh barista-coffee and tea
To work for Novicell
As a company, Novicell likes to ensure that their employees have a fun time. Employees are encouraged to engage in social activities together, both during and after working hours or travel to the other offices. Having a pleasant experience at work is paramount. People are driven to be creative and try new things. Novicell believes it is better to try something and fail than to not try at all.
Every year, all employees from Denmark, Spain, UK and Norway unite at our annual kick-off event. Here's a video from our Kick-off 2018: