The Customer Journey is a great tool for gaining an understanding of your customers, of what they do and how they think and feel when meeting your company. Across all contact points.
Here is a very simplified overview of how you can start working on your Customer Journey. You should of course adjust it according to your company and your customers, and you are welcome to contact us to hear more about individual focus areas.
The Customer Journey's focus areas:
1. Clarify your business segment: Is there one or more relevant target groups?
2. Select your primary business goal. For example
3. Split the customer's journey into phases. For example
4. Collect data and knowledge: Analyse existing use of digital channels (e.g. via Google Analytics). Combine with qualitative interviews, focus groups and reviews.
5. Assess the customer's experience and identify improvement potential. (click and enlarge)
6. Involve the entire company in idea generation: Remember to also invite any 'opponents'. Getting them on board can be a great strength in the next stage of the process.
7. Prioritise How easy are the measures to implement compared with their overall value?
8. Set up targets: Map out the vision and break into sub-goals and targets (specific measurable values)
9. Implement: Allocate the required resources (employees and IT). Where are you covered? How do you upskill? Where should you outsource?
By working seriously on these 9 points, you create a more cohesive and frictionless journey for the customer, regardless of the number and type of contact points they are in contact with. You also have plenty of knowledge and ideas here for developing communication, products and services - especially when it comes to deciding which of your products and services you should digitise.
Good luck with planning your Customer Journey as part of your digital strategy. :)
38 Chancery Lane | WC2A 1LF London, United Kingdom
Søren Nymarks Vej 6 | 8270 Højbjerg, Denmark
Amerika Plads 19, 2. sal | 2100 København Ø, Denmark
Carrer de Pallars 84 | 08018 Barcelona, Spain
Calle Irun 23 1-1 & 1-2 | 28008 Madrid, Spain
Do not miss our free seminars, webinars and tips to grow your digital business